Tuesday 11 October 2011

CF at work, Marcs dream job and my Sister and her CF

I wanted to come and just write a really positive message about my job. I work in a children's care home with Children and young adults with learning disabilities as I think I have probably mentioned before. Anyway, I work a set 40 hours a week, which I just manage with and it is most of the time great! We took some of them on holiday last week, which meant I got to go as one of the staff:D We went to centreparcs, On Holidays the shifts are done different and most the staff work 7am - 10 pm everyday, or they swap about so one day of the week they do a shorter shift. Luckily they organised for me to have the only double room available, the only one with a TV and I did a 9am - 8pm shift everyday, so I had 2 hours in the morning and 2 at night where I could go and sit on my bed and do my physio and my nebulisers whilst watching some TV. It was really good. And I stayed well! Then they would come off shift at 10 pm and we would sit and watch TV together for a bit, which I could relax knowing I'd done everything then off to bed at about 11 ready to get up at 7 again the next day! So I just wanted to share how well they had worked around my CF. All the staff were interested in what I had to do, but not to a nosey point, they would just ask a little more each day. Now I feel totally comfortable around all of them which is really nice for our work environment. I am back home and to my normal hours now, which is great as I missed Marc like mad, and just being at home.
Marc is still in the middle of the different medical tests he needs to pass to get this dream job of his, the last few months we seem to have taken a giant leap forward and then rolled back but now we seem to be slowly moving forwards so If people could still keep there fingers crossed for him that would be great then I can talk about it without worrying I'm going to jinx it!
I've got a hospital appointment Thursday, bit annoying as I can't lay in on either of my days off now as Fri I have a jab in the morning, but o well, these things have to be done. Then I'm in for planned Iv's on 24th Oct:( I planned them because I have to work over xmas and I do not want to get ill, plus it's been a whole year since i had any Iv's which I have been lucky but I seem to not last after the orals at the moment so need a boost! I hate Iv's I seem to become an emotional wreck, my needle pops out my port pretty much everyday though I'm trying some new needles this time so fingers crossed... Plus I don't want to stay in at all because it is so far away from home and I become a nervous wreck, I just don't trust nurses, except my actual CF ones which is really bad, but have had some experiences!! so I'm going to ask If I can just sort it from being a day patient, probably not but worth a shot!
My Little 9 year old sister had to go to hospital yesterday, she also has CF but seems to suffer a lot more with the stomach side and she had another blockage which was causing her to sick up some pretty nasty stuff, they gave her 3 movicols to drink and upped her lactulose stuff which I think has done the job, thank goodness as she has had 2 serious blockages since she was born bless her, I hate seeing her ill, luckily her lungs seem to be a lot better than mine ever were, how strange how differently CF can affect each person and it also shows how much more advanced they are with treating the younger generation. I'd love to post a picture of her here from a show I watched her in the day before she went to the hospital with the blockage as she did so well and looked absolutely beautiful and smiley even though she had really bad tummy pains the whole way through! But I don't know how too...so with that I will say good bye and if you are still reading sorry if I have bored you beyond belief but thanks for sticking with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment