Friday 1 April 2011

Sometimes it takes something really awful in life to realise just how lucky you are..

So that's a pretty long title I have put for this but I quite frankly didn't know what else to put it as. I have quite literally been crying my eyes out for the last twenty minutes for someone I don't....didn't even no.
My little (middle) sister of sixteen years was sent home early from school today. One of her quite close friends had hung themselves at home this morning. The whole of her year and half the rest of the school are in a mess of tears and confusion. It makes my stomach turn and eyes well up just thinking about it. I think me being a youth worker before and working with young people it just makes you really think. I wish there was more you could do to help young people like this, I know that there are so many places they can turn for advice and to chat but there too scared and it's so sad. It probably needs making more clear to young people where they can turn.
The amount of friends this young man has had crying over him, they didn't even no he was in this state of mind. My sister has been crying all day, I can't wait to see her and give her a cuddle.
You feel so stupid crying for someone you didn't know, that's why I'm writing it here. Here it doesn't matter if I seem stupid.
Basically my love and thoughts go to this poor young man, his family and friends. The guilt that so many are probably feeling but probably shouldn't, the sadness and the confusion. I can't imagine how those closest to him are feeling and how they are going to feel for a very long time.
It just shows even those closest to someone don't know what they are thinking and how they are feeling. Especially at that age, depression can so easily be put down to just being a teenager.
My sister and her friends just went and put some flowers outside the school for him, they were the first to do so. I predict by tomorrow there will be enough to cover the whole front fence of the school.

R.I.P young man.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment